This course will introduce you to multimedia literacy as one of the 21st-century skills from the perspective of primary education. Our journey begins with learning about different multimedia sources to use in teaching and understanding the concept of multimedia literacy. You will be provided with various pedagogical tips and teaching methods that you can easily apply in the classroom.
Teachers of all levels of education, and other education professionals. All the methods and pedagogical tips provided in this course can be implemented in any subject and on any level of education.
Before starting this course, we recommend learning more about the other courses on the 21st-century skills provided by Huippu Education. Together with Teaching Critical Thinking in Primary Education, this course provides a comprehensive view of teaching thinking skills.
What will you learn?
After this course, you will know how to utilize different multimedia elements to enhance your students’ multimedia literacy skills. Huippu Education provides practical tips on including multimedia literacy skills into the curriculum and pedagogical teaching methods on applying these skills in the classroom.
In this course, you will
- Learn about multimedia literacy as one of the 21st-century skills
- Be introduced to different types of learners
- Learn how to support students’ multimedia literacy skills by guiding them to find, read and analyze information efficiently
- Be provided with practical tips on how to include multimedia literacy into the curriculum
- Enhance teaching and learning experience by utilizing various sources of multimedia
- Become aware of the challenges teachers usually encounter when using multimedia and consider them when planning your own lessons
- Apply your knowledge by completing creative assignments
- Be encouraged to share our thoughts about this course with us and other learners
How will you learn?
- Reading and analyzing multimedia sources such as text, images, videos, and audios.
- Answering multi-choice and open-ended questions
- Joining gaming activities
- Preparing learning session plans
- Q&A with a Finnish education expert
- Sharing your thoughts and ideas with other course participants
You can attend the course at any time and complete the lessons at your own pace.
There will be several options available for the live Q&A session with the trainer, you can attend the one that fits your schedule the best.
How to sign up?
Buy the course from our online store. Once the payment is complete, you will receive an invitation email to our online learning platform where you will be guided through the course.