All teachers, educators, and education providers who are interested in the holistic approach to learning. The course is specially designed to support teachers and supporting staff who work with 0-6-year old children. This is a good course to start your online training on Finnish Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC).
Participation in "Introduction to the Finnish Education System" before this course will help you better understand the Finnish educational mindset but, is not compulsory.
What will you learn?
After the course, you will have a basic understanding of how the Finnish ECEC curriculum is constructed and what elements from the curriculum make it "holistic". You will learn about an integrated approach to teaching, education, and care and have the skills to practice it with children. The course will help you to understand how children's holistic needs affect their learning and equip you with ideas on how to add more holistic elements to your everyday teaching.
How will you learn?
- Reading text
- Through pictures, audio, and video
- Answering multiple-choice and open questions
- Live Q&A with your Finnish Trainer
- End assignment where you document a classroom application
Suggested course schedule: 4,5 hours of studying + end assignment
Example of schedule
- Day 1: Course instructions and pre-assessment (30 min)
- Day 2: Lesson 1 (60 min, on-demand)
- Day 3: Lesson 2 (45 min, on-demand)
- Day 4: Lesson 3 (30 min, on-demand)
- Day 5: Lesson 4 (45 min, on-demand)
- Day 6: Q&A with the trainer (60 min, live)
- Day 7: End assignment
- Days 8-21: time to complete the course at your own pace.
Course start dates
You can start the course at any time. There will be several options available for the live Q&A session, you can attend the one that fits your schedule the best.
How to sign up?
Buy the course from our online store. Once the payment is complete, you will receive an invitation email to our online learning platform where you will be guided through the course.